I didn't have the time, or more importantly, the patience to make my own enchilada sauce. I'm sorry, I promise to show you in the future. I promise. It's just that I was hungry...and that takes priority.
me - and whatever I have availible
- Approx 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning1 corn on the cob, grilled & taken off cob
- 1 can black beans (I use low sodium because you can't tell the difference)
- cooked saffron rice
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can green tomatillo enchilada sauce (lighter & more refreshing then the red enchilada sauce)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tortillas
- approx. 2 cups shredded mixed cheese (cheddar, etc)
- tomatoes, sliced
- Chop onion & green pepper, place in pan with olive oil on medium heat to soften.
- Add ground turkey, brown.
- Lower temp. and add water and taco seasoning, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to taste or package.
- Rinse & drain black beans.
- Prepare enchiladas: Mix turkey mixture with cheese - add other fillings, corn, rice, beans. (I made each of mine different. Place a big spoonful or two in the center of a tortilla and roll up.
- Put some enchilada sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Place tortillas seam side down. Cover with enchilada sauce (more is better, the tortillas will absorb alot), sliced tomato, and cheese (lots of cheese!).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, or whatever else suits your fancy.