I'm not sure what to call this, but Delicious will work for now. I've been wanting to try an over easy egg on a burger for a while now but haven't, and now I wish I had tried this sooner. Yum!
I started out by buttering a skillet and toasting a sesame seed bun on it. I then fried both sides of the burger patty and then steamed it by putting a few ice cubes around it a covering it with a bowl until cooked medium rare throughout. While the burger was steaming, I placed some leftover spinach on the skillet to heat up, and then cracked an egg which I also covered to help cook the egg white. I then layered my bun with the burger, egg, spinach, and then topped with the leftover roasted red pepper and olive sauce from the Spanikopita burger made during the Throwdown.
It was ooey and gooey and hit the spot!
Egg Burger Creation
by Kacey's Kitchen
- ground beef
- ice cubes
- toppings of your choice
- bread of your choice
- Form ground beef into patty approximately the same size as the bun you are going to use.
- Butter and heat skillet to medium high.
- Place bread on skillet to toast.
- Place patty on skillet for 2-3 minutes and flip, cooking another 2 minutes.
- Place 2-3 ice cubes next to patty and quickly cover with a pot lid or bowl to trap in steam. Cook until meat meets your preference.
- While burger is steaming, crack egg on buttered skillet, flip as soon as possible and only cook until white of egg is done.
- Stack burger, egg, and toppings.
- Grab napkin or two and enjoy!!!