So what we have going on here is some toasted french bread, drizzled with olive oil, and topped with roasted red pepper, black olives, and parmesan cheese. I was going to use some marinated artichoke hearts, until I realized I didn't have any. Problem fixed by seasoning some roasted red peppers and black olives with salt, pepper, and basil!
I made these as a side dish, but they would make a perfect appetizer, either warm or room temperature. Or if your like me, a meal on it's own....eating the entire loaf of bread...
Roasted Red Pepper and Black Olive Crostini
by Kacey's Kitchen
- Crusty bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1-2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 can black olives, chopped
- dried basil
- a few pinches of fresh ground salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Brush or drizzle both sides of bread with EVOO, place on cookie sheet and broil until golden brown. Remove from oven, flip bread over and place back under broiler until lightly toasted. Watch carefully, they cook quick!!!
- Toss black olive, roasted red peppers, basil, salt & pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Top each slice of bread with mixture and place back on cookie sheet.
- Put back in still warm oven just until cheese starts to melt.