Only a few more days and I can start cooking for someone else again. In fact, I get to cook for a bunch of people!!! The month of May will be exciting, we have about 16 days worth of family visiting us, which means dinner parties!!!! WOO WOO!!! I'm really thrilled not only to see everyone, but to cook for them too! I've already started menu planning, and I'm looking forward to food shopping, I'm sort of freakish like that.
Back to the rice. While enjoying dinner with other people, I would normally serve a dish like this as a side, but eating alone, this is a common entree for me. It's another one of my favorite meals, toss in whatever you've got. Sauteed onions, garlic, peas, broccoli, spinach, anything. Just do it.
Cilantro Shrimp Rice
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 large handful of thawed & peeled shrimp
- zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1.5 cups water (or broth)
- Place rice and 1.5 cups of water (or broth), shrimp, and zest into rice cooker. Turn on. Leave alone until cooker clicks off. Don't touch it. Don't open it. Go do something productive for a half hour, without touching the rice cooker.
- Once cooker clicks off, your allowed to open it up. Fluff up rice gently, if too wet for your tastes, let it sit a bit on the warm setting with the lid off.
- Add some lime juice to taste and toss with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Eat. Eat. Eat.