I've never been to Cincinnati, but I would like to. For nothing in particular, in fact, I'm not really sure what is in Cincinnati. But as usual, the only thing that I can think of is food related, Cincinnati Chili.
The appeal of this comes from shows on Travel Channel and Food Network like Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, and other similar shows where some grease hungry man travels around eating absurd amounts of slutty food. You know you love it. This is totally a meal that you would find on those shows.
If you've never seen or heard of Cincinnati Chili, I'll give you the Kacey's Official Breakdown. Usually when I give you something totally official, it means it's not official at all, and it's typically something I have little to no experience with. But since it's my blog, I can pretty much claim anything official that I want.
Anyway, here are some of the basic ways Cincinnati Chili is served:
- Spaghetti & chili
- Spaghetti, chili, & cheddar cheese
- Spaghetti, chili, shredded cheese, and either diced onions and beans
Anyway, so a few months ago on some random weekend, I was craving something that would meet 3 important criteria: quick, warm, hearty. And viola, a 3 ingredient Cincinnati chili was born in the amount of time it takes to cook a box of pasta.
The trick with this: Do not skimp. There should be tons of chili on top of tons of pasta topped with tons of cheese.
Not that you need a recipe, I'm sure you can guess what this entails, but just incase, here you go:
Cincinnati Chili - Bachelor Style
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 1 Box of pasta (any kind)
- 1 can of chili (any kind)
- 1 block of yellow cheddar cheese
- Boil pasta according to al dente instructions.
- While pasta is boiling, remove chili from can, place in a microwave proof dish, and heat until hot.
- Grate cheese.
- Drain pasta, top with hot chili and grated cheese.