Anyway, one of my favorite battered and fried fish is cod. It's great as Fish & Chips, it's great as a Fishwich, and it makes for delicious fish tacos. You should try it! Of course, it doesn't need to be fried (baking these work great too!) or even battered (you could grill/saute/broil it!), but hey, why not, right?
Panko Crusted Cod Tacos
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 1/2 lb fresh cod
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- cabbage slaw
- lime juice
- cilantro (optional)
- Cut cod into strips or 2 inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg in small bowl. Place panko crumbs in dish.
- Dip each piece of cod in egg to coat, shaking off any excess. Coat in panko crumbs and place on a dish.
- Preheat oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Place a single layer of cod pieces in pan. Once bottoms start to turn golden brown, just about a minute or two, flip cod over and cook until just golden. Remove from oil onto a paper towel lined plate and repeat for all cod.
- Warm corn tortillas, fill with cabbage slaw and cod pieces. Give a quick squirt of lime juice. Garnish with cilantro if desired.