Anyway, I have tons of recipes bookmarked from that site, and I finally got around to making this one. I wish I didn't wait so long. It was ridiculously easy and so tasty! I will never be buying honey mustard dressing again! The only thing I may change is the marinating time. I think I would like my chicken with a little more of a tangy taste, so I would extend the marinade a few more hours.
I also love that these are baked. Not even for the health factor, but because I hate the greasy smell of frying things. Using the panko crumbs, they still get super crunchy and crispy!
Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, rinsed and pat dry
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, vinegar and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken tenders in a bowl and pour honey mustard over the top. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After the chicken has marinated, preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a cooling rack with non-stick spray. Place cooling rack on top of baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine panko and plain bread crumbs in bowl. Remove the chicken from the marinade and let excess drip off. Dredge in the bread crumb mixture to coat completely. Place on prepared baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 3 minutes or until browned.